Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Cry for Help

I work from home most days, going into the office two or three times a month.  That sounds great and it is, but there are some drawbacks.  The drawbacks are not inherent, but I am weak.  I have a friend who also works from home and she has all the self-discipline in the world. I know she has all mine. She gets up, works out, showers, gets dressed, goes to her home office and gets to it.  I sleep with my laptop so I can just roll over and power it up.

I am pretty sure shaving my legs was the first thing to go.  No one tells you that is the first step down a slippery slope.   Next thing I knew I was sleeping in my work clothes, or more accurately, working in my pajamas.  Then I realized there was a real energy saving opportunity here.   That's code for no showers.  Once I stopped washing my hair, well, brushing it seemed pretty silly. 

You are probably thinking my house must be spotless though.  Yeah, not so much.  I am also not ripped from working out, am not particularly well read and I don't spend hours visiting the elderly. My whites are gray, I don't sort my laundry and my sink is always full of dishes.  This blog is taking a lot out of me too.
 
But yesterday I went into the office.  I showered, washed my hair and got dressed.  We went out to lunch.  No one had on sweat pants.  Gosh, it was nice.  I cried all the way home.

2 comments:

  1. I look so forward to visiting this summer and seeing you and actually getting to know you again ---- you and your sisters. Don't panic, I didn't mean I am coming to YOUR house! That would strike panic in me --- my sister coming here really put me in ACTION MODE to get all my sh_ _t cleaned up and thrown into the closets etc etc. But, actually, it was just what I needed. We are having so much fun!
    love sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer? Are you coming here this summer? And you are welcome to come to my house. I would look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete