Sunday, March 6, 2011

Is Latisse the Key to Eternal Happiness?

I have been cursed with short, straight eyelashes. Please, don't pretend you haven't noticed - that's beneath you.  Oh how it has plagued me!  Well, okay, not as much as my thick ankles, but since there is no solution for thick ankles I am going to focus on the eyelashes.

Of course, I wondered if Latisse would really work.  Is it possible that the wish I made on the first star every night of my life has finally been granted?  For a mere $50 a month can I have the eyelashes of my childhood best friend?  Oh, how I coveted those lashes.

It works.

My eyelashes are now long and thick, beautiful to behold.  It is as if a piece that has long been missing is returned.  I am quite certain I hear whispers when I walk into a room of, "Look at those lashes. She must be so happy."  I like to sit in the near dark next to the lamp so I can see the shadows my eyelashes make on the wall.  Seriously, I do that.

I love my new lashes.  But I am surprised to find I am the same person, just with longer lashes.  I don't wake up singing anymore than I used to, the sun shines no more than before and my kids still drive me crazy.  How many times must I learn this lesson?  Happiness cannot be bought with $50 a month.  Lashes are not the key to unlock all of life's joy.   For that I need thin ankles.

1 comment: